The AdderView AVM208 allows two users to control eight computers with simultaneous non-blocking access. This 8 port AdderView Matrix KVM switch is designed for use in server rooms and high density PC environments by multiple and simultaneous users. A reliable and flexible solution, the matrix AVM208 is engineered to control environments where reliable operation is essential, even across mixed operating systems. This Adder KVM switch offers an advanced On-Screen Display, 1900x1440 video resolution, Flash upgradeable firmware and individual user profiling.
AdderView AVM208 KVM Switch Diagram
- Two Keyboard Video monitor and Mouse ports allow simultaneous access.
- Cascade Matrix to support up to 500 PCs from one OSD database.
- Exceptionally high video quality with screen resolution up to 1900 x 1440.
- DDC compliant monitor ports.
- Standard PC99 specification color coded connectors reduce cabling costs.
- Mixed PS/2, wheel mice and AT/ RS232 keyboards and mice supported.
- Channel selection via On Screen Display menu, front panel, mouse, user selectable hot-key combinations or RS232 control.
- OSD menu supports up to 16 different user access profiles.
- Compatible with all major software including DOS, Windows 3.x/95/98/NT/2000/ME/XP, Linux, Unix and NetWare.
- Advanced On Screen Display - up to 16 different passwords and user profiles can be stored on the Matrix
- Flash upgradeable firmware - as new drivers are released, free upgrades can be downloaded from the Adder website.
- Front panel keys - used for selecting users and channels manually. Also used for selecting auto-scan.
- Front panel display - 7 Segment display (red) shows the currently selected CPU. 7 Segment display (green) shows the currently selected user.
- Indicators show keyboard and mouse activity.
- Selection methods - convenient switching using On Screen Display menu, selectable keyboard hot-key, 3 button mouse, front panel key or RS232 serial control.
- Hot connection of devices - can be connected to many running PCs without reboot by using the keyboard and mouse reset feature.
- On the fly configuration - the Matrix can be configured using the OSD menu.
- User definable hot-key commands can be used for quick channel selection.
- Expandable - where the size of your installation is beyond the scope of a single Matrix, additional units can be cascaded. This will allow you to use multiple units to provide a video-switching network.
- Auto-scan - the Matrix can be set to automatically scan all ports or all active ports at a user definable rate.
- Automatic mouse conversion - PS/2, IntelliMouse and RS232 type mice are all supported between switch and CPUs. Controlling mouse/trackball is PS/2 type.
- Mouse control of OSD menu.
- Name search facility in OSD menu.
- Users may select exclusive or shared computer access.
- Keyboard and mouse reset features for each user port.
- Optional CPU reminder banner may be transparent and moved around the screen.
- Upload and download of OSD configurations to a PC file or Excel spreadsheet.
- Cascaded units do not need to be configured.
Adder AVM208 Specifications:
|Height||1.7 in. (45 mm.)|
|Width||18.9 in. (482 mm.)|
|Depth||8 in. (205 mm.)|
|Power||5V DC, 2A|
|8||15 way HD D Female for CPU video|
|8||6 way mini DIN Female for CPU keyboard|
|8||6 way mini DIN Female for CPU mouse|
|2||6 way mini DIN Female for controlling keyboards|
|2||6 way mini DIN Female for controlling mice|
|2||15 way HD D Female for controlling monitors|
|1||5V DC 2A power inlets for external PSU|
|1||D9 way Female for Flash upgrade, RS232 control, expansion and remote connectivity accessories|
|EMC||89/336/EEC CE marked|
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Export Classification Control Number (ECCN) for all non-IP Adder products (i.e. the Adder AVX4016) is EAR99.