The Aten CS1782A is a 2 Port USB Dual Link KVMP Switch.
The CS1782A USB DVI Dual Link KVMP Switch charts a revolutionary direction in KVM switch functionality. It combines the capabilities of a 2-port KVM switch with a 2-Port USB hub, while providing a DVI monitor interface and audio support. Moreover it carries advanced features, such as 120Hz 3D display support, gaming keyboard compatibility and port selection/switching using a mouse, aimed at giving you flexibility, convenience and enjoyment.
Aten CS1782A Backview
Aten CS1782A Features:
- 2-port DVI KVMP Switch with USB 2.0 and 7.1 Surround Sound Audio
- One USB console controls two computers and two additional USB devices
- 2-port built in USB 2.0 hub fully compliant with the USB 2.0 specification
- Full bass response for high quality 7.1 channel surround sound systems
- Computer selection via front panel pushbuttons, hotkeys, and mouse NEW!
- Multiplatform support - Windows, Linux, Mac, and Sun*
- Independent switching of KVM, USB, and Audio focus
- DVI digital and analog monitor support - fully compliant with the DVI specifications
- Superior video quality: 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz (Single Link); 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz (Dual Link): Works with cutting edge 120Hz LCD monitors and active shutter glasses to create a 3D environment with maximum resolution of up to 1920 x 1080 for your ideal workspace and entertainment
- Support widescreen resolutions
- HDCP compatible
- Video DynaSyncª - Exclusive ATEN technology that eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes resolution when switching between ports
- Power on detection - if one of the computers is powered off, the switch will automatically switch to the next powered-on computer NEW!
- Console mouse port emulation/bypass feature that supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice
- Console keyboard emulation/bypass feature that supports most gaming / multimedia keyboards NEW!
- Complete keyboard emulation for error-free booting
- Mac/Sun keyboard support and emulation*
- Multilingual keyboard mapping - supports English, Japanese, and French keyboards
- Auto Scan Mode for monitoring all computers
- Firmware upgradable
* PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac/Sun keyboards
Mac/Sun keyboard work only with their own
- 1x CS1782A USB DVI Dual Link KVMP Switch
- 2x Custom DVI-D KVM Cables sets
- 2x Custom 7.1 Channel Surround Sound Cable Sets
- 1x Power Adapter
- 1x User Manual
- 1x Quick Start Guide
Aten CS1782A Application Diagram
Aten CS1782A Specifications:
|Width||3.42 in. (8.70 cm.)|
|Height||2.17 in. (5.50 cm.)|
|Depth||10.62 in. (27.00 cm.)|
|Weight||2 lbs. (0.90 kgs.)|
|Port Selection||Front Panel Pushbuttons, Hotkeys, Mouse|
|Console Ports||Keyboard- 1 x USB Type A Female (Black: rear panel) |
Video- 1 x DVI-I Female (White)
Mouse- 1 x USB Type A Female (Black: rear panel)
Line Out- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Green: 1 x front panel, 1 x rear panel)
Line In- 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Blue)
Side Speaker Out- 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Gray)Rear Speaker Out- 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Black)Center/Subwoofer- 1 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Orange)
Microphone- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Pink; 1 x front panel, 1 x rear panel)
|KVM Ports||Keyboard/Mouse- 2 x USB Type B Female (White) |
Video- 2 x DVI-I Female (White)
Line Out- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Green)
Line In- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Blue)
Side Speaker Out- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Gray)
Rear Speaker Out- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Black) Center/Subwoofer- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Orange)Microphone- 2 x Mini Stereo Jack Female (Pink)
|Power||1 x DC Jack|
|USB 2.0 Hub||2 x USB Type A Female (White: 1 x front panel, 1 x rear panel)|
|Power Selected||2 x Pushbutton|
|On Line/Selected||2 (Orange)|
|USB Link||2 (Green)|
|Video||DVI dual Link: 2560x1600 DVI Single Link: 1920x1200|
|Scan Interval||1-99 secs. (5 sec. default)|
|Power Consumption||DC 5.3V, 9W|
|Humidity||0-80% RH, Non-condensing|
Answer: Thank you for you inquiry. Unfortunately, this KVM only supports one monitor. The dual link refers to a DVI connection with double the band width of a normal DVI connection, providing far greater resolutions than a standard connection.
For a two monitor set up, you will be looking for a dual head KVM (some of which are also dual link). You can find some 2-port, dual-head desktop KVMs by clicking here.
Question: MTBF = ?
Answer: Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately, we are still waiting on the manufacturer to respond to our request. If/when we hear back, we will update this post.
UPDATE: The MTBF for this device is 648,400 hrs.