Avocent KVM over IP switch (DSR4030-001) with BIOS-level control of all connected servers and serial-based devices in your data center - also includes Virtual Media. The Avocent 16-port DSR4030 KVM over IP switch provides four simultaneous digital paths for remote access and BIOS-level control of all connected servers and serial-based devices in your data center. You can remotely power cycle connected devices and you have external modem support when the network is down. The Avocent DSR4030 switch features an on-board Web interface compatible with Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox, or Netscape for access and control of your servers over IP.
Add DSView 3 management software to the Avocent DSR4030 KVM over IP switch and you gain the benefit of Virtual Media. This lets you remotely load software for file transfers, application and OS patches, and diagnostic testing. DSView 3 software also gives you a secure method to access and control your servers and network devices from a single interface. Its hub and spoke architecture provides failover authentication. Users authenticate to a central management server (the hub) or one of 15 mirror servers (the spokes). SNMP and IPMI support are also provided.
Avocent KVM over IP switch (DSR4030-001) Features and Benefits:
- Remote server management: The 16-port DSR4030 KVM over IP switch, 1 local, 4 digital users, enables both local and remote server management.
- Virtual Media support: Used with DSView 3 management software, the DSR4030 switch provides Virtual Media support. Use it to map CD-ROMs and other storage media to a remote branch server to conduct file transfers, application and OS patches, and CD-ROM diagnostics.
- Integrated solution for KVM and power control: Integrates BIOS-level access and power control in one solution. Also provides external modem support when the network is down.
- On-board Web interface: On-board Web interface support gives you direct access to target devices without additional software. Beneficial to small company administrators who want a scalable system that can easily grow with them. DSView 3 software can be added later as your system grows.
- Single management platform: Combined with DSView 3 software, the DSR4030 switch gives you a single interface to manage your entire IT infrastructure, including data center and branch office locations.
- Access IPMI-enabled servers: Using DSView 3 software, IT administrators can monitor and control system health including the temperature, fan and voltage.
- Notifications: DSView 3 software sends SNMP traps and email notification for defined system events.
- Scheduling: DSView 3 software simplifies management of routine tasks, updates and file loading including automation of task schedules and updates.
- Failover authentication: DSView 3 management software, with hub and spoke architecture, provides failover authentication, ensuring system reliability and security.
- User logs and access control: DSView 3 software advanced security includes audit logs and gives you the power to assign individual user rights.
- Local login required: Required login at the local port for increased security
Avocent KVM over IP switch (DSR4030-001) Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.37 cm)|
|Width||17.00 in. (43.18 cm)|
|Depth||10.98 in. (27.98 cm)|
|Weight||7.3 lbs (3.31 kg) without cables|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104 degrees F (0 to 40 degrees C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 158 degrees F (-20 to 70 degrees C)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50 - 60 Hz autosensing|
|Input||40 W maximum|
|Computers||PS/2, Sun, USB|
|Monitor||VGA, SVGA (XGA, XGA-II with adaptor), Maximum Local Port: 1600 x 1200, Maximum Remote Port using a DSRIQ module: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz|
|Peripherals||USB keyboard and mouse, PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, IntelliMouse|
|Approved Agency||UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, GS, VCCI, MIC, C-Tick, GOST|