How it Works
The RS-232 Extender sender unit connects to your computer using the supplied cable. The extended RS-232 device connects to the receiver unit. CAT-5 cables connect the send and receive units - up to 1000 feet away. The sender is powered by a 5 volt power supply, which also powers the receiver side.
- One CAT-5 cable extension
- Installs in seconds
- Conforms to RS-232C standard
- Power Supply: 5 VDC (External)
- Dimensions: 1"W x 4"D x 1"H
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs.
- RS232 Extender S Sender Unit
- RS232 Extender R Receive Unit
- 6 foot serial cable
- 5V external power supply
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
These Gefen EXT-RS232 extenders are simple transparent signal amplifiers - the EXT-RS232 units will work with any standard full 9-pin (DB-9) RS-232 cable with a maximum data transfer rate of 115,200 baud.