NTI HDMI Over Gigabit IP Network Range Extender (Next-Generation Model)
HDMI Over Gigabit IP Network Range Extender
The XTENDEX HDMI Over Gigabit IP Extender is a low-cost solution for multicasting digital video and audio signals to one or more receivers up to 394 feet away over a 100/1000 Base-T Gigabit Network connected with CAT6/6a/7 cable.
Each HDMI Over Gigabit IP Extender consists of a local unit that connects to an HDMI source and a remote unit that connects to an HDMI display. The local and remote units can be connected for a Point-to-Point connection via CATx or a Point-to-Many connection via a network switch. Support for multiple transmitters requires a managed network switch.
- Supports HDTV resolutions to 1080p.
- Extend up to 394 feet (120 meters) with CAT6/6a/7 cable.
- Extend up to 328 feet (100 meters) with CAT5e cable.
- Cascade network switches to extend the length long distances.
- The max cable lengths between the first switch/transmitter and between the last switch/receiver are 394 feet (120 meters) for CAT6/6a/7 or 328 feet (100 meters) for CAT5e cables.
- The max cable lengths between switches is switch dependent, but 328 feet (100 meters) is typical.
- An unlimited number of switches can be cascaded.
- Ideal solution for digital signage applications.
- Broadcast real-time HDMI video and audio signals to multiple display locations with a managed or unmanaged (also known as non-managed) network switch.
- Transmits an HDMI signal over one CATx cable.
- Plug-and-Play installation allows receivers to find the transmitters automatically on the same subnet. (Network configuration may be required for managed network switch.)
- Web interface for firmware updates.
- Easily expandable. Add remote units as you add monitors.
- Inexpensive CATx cable replaces bulky video cables.
- Supports 100/1000 Base-T Ethernet connection.
- Built in default EDID table.
- HDMI 1.3 and HDCP 1.4 compliant.
- Support for multiple transmitters requires a managed network switch with VLAN support. Standard LAN switches can only support one transmitter.
- The managed switch must support port-based IEEE 802.1Q VLAN.
- Each VLAN acts as a separate HDMI Over IP Channel on the network.
- Each VLAN channel supports one transmitter.
- Number of local and remote units that can be used is dependent on the backplane bandwidth of the switch.
- For a point-to-many connection, a standalone network with an unmanaged network switch, hub, or router can be used instead of a managed network switch.
- Up to 253 receivers supported.
- It is not recommended to use any other network devices on this standalone network as it may cause a degradation in performance.
- Uses H.264 technology to process image compression.
- Local and remote units must be in the same LAN. The units do not support WAN connections.
- Local Unit
- One female HDMI-A port for source connection.
- One female 1000Mbps RJ45 port for sending high definition video/audio signals.
- Supported input resolutions: 480i@60Hz, 480p@60Hz, 576i@50Hz, 576p@50Hz, 720p@50/60Hz, 1080i@50/60Hz, 1080p@50/60Hz
- Codec: H.264
- Encoding delay: <100 ms latency
- Remote Unit
- One female HDMI-A port for HDTV or computer display.
- One female 1000Mbps RJ45 port for receiving high definition video/audio signals.
- Supported output resolutions: 480p@60Hz, 576p@50Hz, 720p@50/60Hz, 1080p@50/60Hz
- Supports embedded digital audio through HDMI compatible TVs or audio receivers.
- Local and remote unit:
- Input: 100 to 240 VAC at 50 or 60 Hz via AC adapter.
- Output: 5VDC, 1A
- Power Cord Plug
- ST-IPHD-LC: US NEMA 1-15P
- ST-IPHD-LCEU: Europlug CEE 7/16
- ST-IPHD-LCUK: UK BS1363
- ST-IPHD-LCAU: AS/NZS 3112
- ST-IPHD-LCUNV: US NEMA 1-15P with country-specific universal power plug adapter
- Power Consumption
- Local: 2W
- Remote: 1.85W
- Max Distance
- 394 feet (120 meters) over CAT6/6a/7 cable.
- 328 feet (100 meters) over CAT5e cable.
- Use HD-xx-MM cable to connect an HDMI source or display up to 50 feet (not included).
- Use HD-ACT-xx-MM 4K HDMI Active Cables to connect an HDMI source or display up to 100 feet.
- Use DP-HD-xx-MM cables to connect a DisplayPort source up to 15 feet away from the transmitter.
- Use CATx solid or stranded straight through cable for TIA/EIA-568B wiring terminated with standard RJ45 connectors (not included).
- Operating temperature: 32 to 140°F (0 to 60°C).
- Storage temperature: -4 to 158°F (-20 to 70°C).
- Operating and storage relative humidity: 0 to 95% non-condensing RH.
- WxDxH: 2.28x4.33x1.02 in (58x110x26 mm)
- Regulatory Approvals
- CE, FCC, RoHS
- Two Years
- Compatible NTI Products
- Combine NTI's video splitters and extenders for complext applications
- 4K DVI/HDMI Video Splitter (VOPEX-DVI4K-2)
- Supports HDTV resolutions to 1080p when used with the extenders.
- HDMI Quad Screen Splitter/Multiviewer (SPLITMUX-HD-4RT)
- HDMI 2.0 EDID Emulator (HD4K-EDID-EMLTR)