Avocent PM3001H-401 is an intelligent Power Distribution unit (IPDU) which supports outlet level metering and switching capability to provide datacenter professionals the tools they need to monitor, reduce, and manage their growing power consumption costs of IT equipment. Thresholds can be created to allow datacenter teams to know before problems occur and minimize downtime caused by overloaded circuits.
The ability to integrate with the DSView 3 management software enables IT managers to have a consolidated interface to access and manage their IT equipment and also the supporting power infrastructure. The optional DSView 3 Power Manager further enhances this by allowing historical reporting to track power consumption, capacity and cost across individual PDUs, racks, rows of racks, or entire data centers.
- Measure and monitor power consumption per outlet
- Create thresholds to generate alerts/notifications
- Remote switching capability to power on/off individual outlets
- Flexible installation- IP and Serial interface options
- Can be managed directly or integrated with other Avocent solutions using the DSView 3 software
- Optional DSView 3 Power Manager for historical reporting
- Simultaneous firmware updates
Avocent PM3001H-401 Back
Avocent PM3001H-401 Features:
- Outlet level, phase level and strip level current metering with threshold/alert capabilities: Provides preemptive notification of any impending overload issues before they occur, and simplifies the task of installing new equipment
- Capability to remotely switch outlets through onboard web interface, DSView3 management software: Allows power to hung up IT equipment to be recycled, turned on or turned off remotely for faster resolution time
- On board web interface: Can be installed for direct access right out of the box or it can be configured as part of a larger integrated solution using the DSView 3 software.
- IP and Serial interface options: Options to install by connecting directly to the network or save IP connections by using the serial interface to connect directly to Avocent appliances already connected to the network.
- Daisy chaining: Saves the number of IP addresses or console / KVM ports that are required to manage all power distribution needs.
- Integration with DSView 3: Single interface for management of IT equipment and iPDU's simplifies mapping of outlets to servers and other equipment to reduce and minimizes power cycling the wrong equipment.
- Integration with DSView 3 Power Manager: Track historical trends to measure and monitor IT power consumption, capacity, and cost to understand what issues exist and to make more informed decisions in the future.
- Electronic Overcurrent: Protection Electronic Overcurrent protection is an added layer of protection that gets activated in the event of minor overloads. During such events, outlets get turned off first instead of the primary overcurrent protection (OCP) getting tripped.
- Sequential Startup: Protects integrity of all upstream electrical infrastructure by staggering the inrush current draw of all plugged in devices.
- Sequential Shutdown: Protects integrity of applications by ensuring that multiple equipment running dependant applications shut down in the appropriate order only.
Avocent PM3001H-401 Diagram
Avocent PM3001H-401 Specifications:
|1.719 in.(4.366 cm.)
|17 in.(43 cm.)
|8.272 in.(21.010 cm.)
|7.3 lbs (3.3 kg.) (horizontal without power cord)
|0U, 1U rack mountable
|20 to 80 percent operating, 5 to 95 percent non-operating
|- Number 1
- Type 10/100/1000 Ethernet
|UL, FCC, cUL, CE, VCCI, C-Tick, CB