Avocent 16-Port, 2 Digital Path, Dual-AC input Power Supply
The Avocent MergePoint Unity MPU2016DAC is a KVM over IP 16-Port Serial Console Switch with 2 Digital Path and dual-AC input Power Supply.
This unique combination provides IT Administrators a complete remote management solution to access and control servers, networking equipment, and other devices found in data centers and branch offices.
The MergePoint Unity switches enhance the in-band management typically done through the NIC of IT equipment by providing secure and remote Out-of-band connections directly to the physical KVM, USB, and Serial ports. This unified approach enables IT administrators a faster method to diagnose, reconfigure, or restore equipment to meet SLAs and minimize downtime.
Avocent MergePoint MPU2016DAC Backview
Avocent MergePoint MPU2016DAC Features:
- Complete, full-featured remote server management from a single user interface.
- Remote KVM and serial console access are both included in the design of the MergePoint Unity switches.
- The MergePoint Unity switches can operate out of the box or can be managed by the DSView 3 software to allow a single method to manage and access all the MergePoint Unity switches that exist.
- Supports LDAP when used alone or can be managed with the DSView 4 management software to add more authentication and reporting options.
- The MergePoint Unity switch has virtual media capabilities to map USB storage devices and Smart Card/ Common Access Card (CAC) readers.
- All MergePoint Unity switches come with virtual media capabilities.
- The MergePoint unity switches offer dual 10/100/1000 ethernet ports on all models and options for models with dual power supplies.
- Dedicated power control ports to connect and control Avocent rack PDUs (sold separately) for integrated power control and measurement.
Avocent MergePoint MPU2016DAC Application Diagram
Avocent MergePoint MPU2016DAC Specifications:
|Height||1.72 in. (4.4 cm.)|
|Width||17.0 in. (43.2 cm.)|
|Depth||14 in. (34 cm.)|
|Weight (without cables)||8.6 lbs. (3.9 kg.)|
|Form Factor||1-U rack mountable|
|Number|| MPU8032DAC/4032DAC/2016DAC/1016DAC: 2 power supplies
MPU08032/4032/2016/1016: 1 power supply
|Power||MPU8032DAC/8032: 24W; MPU4032DAC/4032: 18W; MPU2016DAC/2016: 13W; MPU1016DAC/1016: 12W|
|Heat Dissipation||MPU8032DAC/8032: 82 BTU/hr MPU4032DAC/4032: 62 BTU/hr
MPU2016DAC/2016: 45 BTU/hr MPU1016DAC/1016: 41 BTU/hr
|AC Input Range||100-240 VAC|
|AC Frequency||50-60Hz autosensing|
|AC Input Current Rating||1.25 A|
|AC Input Power (max)||40W|
|Number||16 port models- MPU2016DAC/2016/1016DAC/1016|
|Modules supported||PS/2, Sun, USB and Serial modules sold separately|
|Sync Types||Separate horizontal and vertical|
|Input Video Resolution||640 x 480 @ 60 Hz; 800 x 600 @ 75 Hz; 960 x 700 @ 75 Hz; 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz; 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz|
|Supported Cabling||4-pair UTP CAT 5 or CAT 6, 45 meters maximum length|
|Type||USB and VGA|
|USB Device Port|
|PDU Port- used to manage supported PDUs through a direct serial port connection|
|Ambient Atmospheric Condition Ratings|
|Temperature||Operating;32 to 122 degrees Fahrenheit (0 to 50 degrees Celsius) Non-operating: -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 to 70 degrees Celsius)|
|Humidity||Operating:20% to 80 % relative humidity (non-condensing) Non-operating: 5% to 95% relative humidity, 38.7 degrees C maximum wet bulb temperature|
|Safety and EMC Standards Approvals and Markings|
|UL, FCC, cUL, ICES-003, CE, VCCI, KCC, C-Tick, GOST|
|Safety certifications and EMC certifications for this product are obtained under one or more of the following designations: CMN (Certification Model Number),
MPN (Manufacturer's Part Number) or Sales Level Model designation. The designation that is referenced
The MPU2016DAC-400 is the direct replacement for the MPU2016DAC-001 and MPU2016DAC-G01. The MPU2016DAC is the recommended replacement for the MPU2016-001 (AKA MPU2016).
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. There are a couple of major differences. The first being the dual AC and Dual LAN ports on the MPU2016DAC for fail-over operation. Another major different is the MergPoint unity series has Virtual Media support and native serial console support to manage serial devices directly with the MPU2016DAC.
Question: is the Remote Webinterface for the IP KVM with HTML5, JAVA or VNC?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
The Avocent MergePoint Unity switches include a JAVA-based Web Remote Interface. You can also upgrade your MergePoint Unity to use the flexible DSView 4 software.
If you would like a recommendation based on you application, please feel free to contact you KVM Switches Online sales representative.