The Avocent ECS17KMM16 1U-high LCD console-integrated KVM model provides convenient, at-the-rack access in enterprise data centers and SMB server rooms via KVM switches. This 17-inch LCD rack console with integrated KVM switches create a single, integrated access solution for SMB and server room environments. These solutions provide optimal support of PS/2 and USB systems. Out-of-band access to critical servers is non-intrusive to the network and reduces downtime.
Avocent ECS17KMM16 Features & Benefits:
- The LCD Console Tray with integrated KVM models are two powerful appliances combined into a single U, freeing rack space for other appliances or servers
- 17-inch LCD at 1280x1024 resolution at 60Hz
- USB pass-through allows at-the-rack access to USB media and other USB devices; connect directly to a server or an Avocent virtual media KVM switch (purchased separately) to enable the USB pass-through (select models only)
- Current ECS17KMM16 models include Avocent AutoViewĘ 3008/3016 16-port digital KVM over IP switches providing access for one remote and one local user; these KVMs also feature an Onboard Web Interface (OBWI) for remote and secure management of servers and serial-based devices
- Form Factor: The Avocent LCD Console Trays are easy to access and their 1U slide-in design does not compete for valuable rack space
- KVM Compatibility: The design is compatible with most Avocent 1U KVM switches to support new and legacy installations*
- OSD: On-Screen Display in multiple languages
- Mouse Option: Models supporting touch pad or trackball are available
- At-the-Rack Access: Provides convenient access and control to PCs and servers
Avocent ECS17KMMP16 - Back
Avocent ECS17KMM USB Pass Through
Avocent ECS17KMM16 Specifications:
|1.72 in. (4.4 cm.)
|17.5 in. (44.5 cm.)
25.63 in. (65.1 cm.)
|33.1 lbs. (15.0 kg.)
|32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
|-4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
|AC 100 - 240V
|Keyboard and Mouse Connector
|PS/2 or USB
|16.7 M True Colors
|IP-based with remote access
|1600 x 1200
|KVM Max Connections
LCD Standards: RoHs, China RoHs, UL, Ulc, CB, CE, FCC/EMC, BSMI, KCC, GOST, CCC, VCCI, CTICK
KVM Standards: UL, Ulc, CE, FCC/EMC, GOST, VCCI, CTICK, MIC, ICES-003
Answer: The ECS17KMMP16 has an integrated AutoView 3016 KVM over IP switch which does include an Ethernet port for the IP KVM functionality.
Question: how does the SPAN KVM Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) apply to this KVM?
Answer: The Integrated 16-port KVM on this rackmount monitor is an Avocent Autoview 3016 IP KVM, so it would fall under section 3.3 Multi-User Network Attached KVM Switch. Security features of the switch include: "LDAP authenticated and encrypted IP communication between the user's browser and switch can be SSL-128bit, DES, 3DES or AES with 64 user accounts and an access control list for each user." However, Avocent does not mention that this particular KVM has been evaluated by Common Criteria/NIAP or FIPS 140 validated.
Question: Do you have cable, usb Dongle to connect to the multiple servers
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This is a basic integrated cable / USB dongle that should work: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/usbiac-10.html. For longer runs, you can use this dongle: https://www.kvm-switches-online.com/avriq-usb.html in conjunction with CAT5 cable. If you would like further assistance in selecting your cables/dongles, please feel free to give us a call toll free at 1-877-586-6654.
Question: I have an 8 port version of this and wish to upgrade it to a 16 port KVM version. Can I just order the KVM switch? If so, what is the part #. Thanks.
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. A lot of times, the integrated KVMs are modular and can be changed out. This particular unit has an integrated AutoView 3016. Another option might be to cascade(daisy-chain) the current switch. Please give us a call at 1-877-586-6654 to discuss all the available options.