The Avocent SC4PDV-001 SwitchView Secure KVM switch is a field-proven, secure, KVM-switching solution for government agencies and other organizations that need extra protection for their assets. The SC4PDV SwitchView Secure solution allows the user to switch safely between computers operating at different classification levels from a single set of peripherals, providing continuous access to critical data. With multiple security features, the Avocent SC4PDV KVM Secure Switch design prevents the transfer of data between the connected computers, ensuring data security isn't compromised.
The Avocent SC4PDV-001 KVM and other SwitchView Secure switches are National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) Common Criteria validated to EAL 4 augmented with ALC_FLR.2 (designated as EAL 4+).
Avocent 4-port SwitchView Secure KVM Switch Back View
(SC4PDV-001 depicted here)
Avocent SC4PDV-001 Features & Benefits:
- NIAP Common Criteria Certification - The SwitchView SC switch is validated to NIAP Common Criteria EAL 4+ security requirements
- Secure Design - Includes a full suite of security features that allow a user to safely switch between computers operating at different classification levels without compromising network security
- Desktop Management - Improves work efficiency and saves desktop space by eliminating redundant hardware and cables
- Smart Card/Common Access Card (CAC) Support (SC200, 400 and 500 only) - Allows the desktop IT administrators to only deploy a single CAC reader that will be switched to all target computers connected to the switch, saving money by reducing the amount of CAC readers purchased and time by reducing the number of readers
- Physical Security - Provides visual indication and prevention of tampering
- Multi-Platform Capability - Allows support of Windows, MAC Linux and Sun workstations
- Model Variety - Offers multiple combinations of peripheral and video connections and port counts to support varying desktop configurations
|1.7 in. (4.3 cm.)
|6.5 in. (16.51 cm.)
|4.0 in. (10.16 cm)
|2 lbs. (0.90 kg.)
|32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
|-4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
|PS/2 mouse & keyboard
|DVI Single Link
Maximum resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
|En55022 Class B, EN55024,61000-3-2,6100-3-3,
FCC 15 Class B, CE
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. According to the manufacturer, there have been no hardware revisions for this switch. Additionally, we can not determine if there have been any firmware revisions either, as there are no firmware downloads available for this switch.
Question: Under Device Support, for Computers you say PS/2 mouse and keyboard, but under Peripherals you say USB. Photo shows PS2. Which is it?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. This device is strictly for PS/2. We will update the page accordingly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Question: PART NUMKBER: SC4PDV-001 WHAT IS THE ECCN NUMBER AND SCHEDULE B (HTS) NUMBER
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
See below for the ECCN and Schedule B numbers for the Avocent SC4PDV-001. However please note, the SC4PDV has been discontinued and replaced by the SC840 and the SC845 KVM Switches (same ECCN and Schedule B numbers as SC4PDV).
SC4PDV-001, SC840-001, SC845-001:
HTS (Schedule B): 8471.80.1000