ADDERLink Infinity ALIF4021T is a dual-head 4K DisplayPort, Audio and USB 2.0 Fiber IP KVM Transmitter that is part of the Adder Infinity 4000 4K Digital Extension / Matrix KVM solution. ALIF4021T transmitter requires at least one ALIF4021R receiver to operate.
The ALIF4000 delivers pixel-perfect, color accurate picture quality at 4K60 with USB2.0 with fast switching. Fully compatible with the existing ADDERLink INFINITY range, and supported by the trusted ADDERLink INFINITY Manager (AIM), the ALIF4000 can be used as a point-to-point extender or easily integrated into a wider matrix system; enabling KVM users to migrate to 4K without the need to rip and replace.
- Dual-head 4K DisplayPort, audio and USB extender over a single fiber connection
- Pixel-perfect, color accuracy at 4K@60Hz (DCI or UHD)
- Flexible solution: from point-to-point extender to an infinitely extensible matrix used for IT administration or broadcast
- Unlimited extension distances over fiber
- USB 2.0 with Emulation and class control: for faster keyboard and mouse switching plus support for USB mass storage, tablet, touch and more
- Bi-directional analog audio
- Backwards compatible with existing ADDERLink INFINITY 1000 / 2000 infrastructure*
- 10GbE network support
- Plug and Play
*INFINITY 4000 series Transmitters aren't accessible from outside the fiber network. For outbound network access to your sources from anywhere in the world, you can use other INFINITY series Transmitters such as the similar ALIF2020T (2K), ALIF2002T (1080p), and ALIF2112T (1080p + VNC access) units, or use multiple iPeps+ IP KVM Gateways (1080p + Web browser & VNC access).
Adder ALIF4021T Features
With the addition of AdderLink Infinity management system (A.I.M.), you can turn multiple point-to-point extenders into a truly scalable digital KVM matrix system that allows any workstation to link with any computer connected to the network.
- Point-to-point extension (local / over-IP)
- AV / KVM Switch multi-point matrix (over-IP)
- Sharing a single target (over-IP)
- Multicasting to many receivers (over-IP)
- Command Center / Video Wall Controller (over-IP)
Pixel Perfect 4K @ 60Hz video, real time control
Uncompressed video extension at a maximum of 4K UHD (3840x2160) or 4K DCI / True Cinema 4K (4096x2160) with refresh rates to up to 60fps. Using a spatially-lossless encoding system, with 1:1 pixel mapping, ALIF4021T provides pixel perfect and color accurate video with no artefacts. The video you receive is the same as the video leaving the remote computer.
Fiber IP Network-based
Leverage existing standard 10GbE networking infrastructure to extend or matrix your computing resources to your users! AdderLink Infinity 4K units can be used as point-to-point extenders over 10GbE fiber cable, or made into a flexible IP-based matrix using standard 10GbE fiber switches and the AIM Manager. Infinity 4K is the perfect solution for any application including for an office, campus, command center, video wall, editing studio, or as a digital signage solution.
Unlimited extension distances
10GbE Fiber Optic fiber technology enables offers much greater extension distances over traditional CatX cables. Extension distance is also not limited to a single fiber cable length - If you need to extend further, simply add a 10GbE network device. This can be repeated many times for longer distances.
USB 2.0 with emulation and class control
Enables connection of USB devices from mice & keyboards to touch screens, graphics tablets, jog shuttles, joysticks and 3D explorers, alongside mass storage devices. True USB Emulation Technology also allows for fast keyboard & mouse or touch switching. For applications where security is of high importance, the system can disable the use of non-HID devices, meaning there is no need to physically block USB ports to prevent the use of mass storage devices.
All Adder Infinity units have built-in security measures compliant with universal enterprise grade security standards inlcuding AES 256 bit encryption and RSA 2048 bit public key authentication.
Intelligent EDID management
Intelligent EDID management allows the true characteristics of the monitor to be passed back to the computer. This ensures perfect video display without the additional configuration.
Redundant network operation
Adder ALIF4021T units are able to detect whether the network is in operation and can automatically change to its second network 10GbE SFP port if it detects a failure.
Adder INFINITY 4000 is backwards compatible with other INFINITY series models. You can access any current INFINITY transmitter unit remotely from a 4000 receiver. Other INFINITY series receiver units cannot access the 4000 transmitters from outside the fiber network.
Plug and Play
AdderLink Infinity 4K extender devices are delivered in a zero configuration state so you can plug them in and start working on them straight away. There is no need for drivers or software to be installed.
Rack mounting option
Adder Infinity 4K units can be used at a desktop or be rack mounted two side-by-side in 1U with the optional RMK12 mounting kit. Additional kits for different mounting methods are also planned for the future release.
Introducing Adder INFINITY 4000 Series
Why Choose Adder INFINITY Range?
ISE Interview - Adder INFINITY 4000 Series
Adder ALIF4021T-US Package Contents
- (1) ALIF4021T Transmitter
- (1) VSCD10 6ft DisplayPort cable
- (1) VSC24 6ft USB 2.0 A-to-B Cable
- (1) VSC22 6.6ft Audio cable (3.5mm stereo jacks)
- (1) PSU-IEC-12VDC-5A Power adapter and US power cord
- (4) Self-adhesive rubber feet
- (1) Quick start guide and Safety document
- (1) 2-Year Limited Warranty & Lifetime World Class Support
Adder ALIF4021T Specifications
1.6 in. (40 mm.)
8.5 in. (215 mm.)
8.3 in. (210 mm.)
1.8 lbs. (4 kg.)
|Packing Box||Dimensions: (L) 285mm /11.2-inch (W) 245mm/9.6inch (D) 145mm/5.7inch Weight: 2.5kg / 5.5lb |
|Materials||Aluminium and steel construction|
0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
-10°C to 60°C (14°F to 140°F)
|Storage and operating relative humidity|
|Typical power consumption|
USB, Audio, Serial RS232
|Max video resolution||Supports 4K UHD or 4K DCI (True Cinema 4K) and refresh rates to 60Hz|
|USB||4 ports of USB2.0 with USB True Emulation to support keyboard, mouse and touch.|
USB device seen as: 7 or 13 port hub
|Audio||Analog Line in/out 2 channel 16bit 48KHz 1V RMS in / 1V RMS out|
|Ethernet||10GbE (No 10/100/1000 support)|
Computer: 2x DisplayPort, 2x USB type B, 2x 3.5mm audio jack sockets, 1x DB9 socket.
Ethernet: 2x 8p8c (RJ45), 2x SFP+ cages.
Power: 3 pin Kycon socket.
This part is also known as Adder ALIF4021T-US, ALIF 4021T, ALIF-4021T, and Infinity 4000 Transmitter.
Question: Can the TX and RX units be directly connected via CAT6 ethernet cable?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry. Due to the high bandwidths involved, for the initial release of the AdderLink 4000 4k series, the copper connections will not be active. So, unlike previous versions of the AdderLink Infinity, a direct connection over CAT6 (copper) will not be possible - at least initially.
It may be possible to use a Fiber-to-Copper SFP module, however testing the fiber to copper SFP modules has just begun and no determination of viability has been made yet.
Having said all that, it is possible to use the ALIF4000 series in a point-to-point (TX and RX units be directly connected) configuration; the high bandwidths needed to push 4k video will require the use of fiber optic cables.
Question: What 10GbE Switches are endorsed by Adder to run the InfinityLink 4000?
Answer: Thank you for your inquiry,
I have been speaking with Adder tech support, system test, and product management teams about the switch requirements. They say that every major switch manufacturer should have models that meet the requirements. System test were performed using HP 5700 FlexFabric JG896A and Hauwei CE6810-48S4Q switches in their lab. Provided the switch meets the requirements detailed in the "ALIF: Successful Implementation" post at support.adder.com
and comes up with a "soft Yes" using this excel document calculator
s "10G" tab, the switch should work fine. The values that need to be entered into the calculator are usually found in the switch manufacturer's data sheet for the switch model.
- Non-blocking switch
- IP address and subnet mask configured for the VLAN that supports the Infinity network
- IGMP Snooping enabled at the switch and VLAN level
- IGMP Querier enabled on a 10 GbE switch, if there are 10GbE switches in the network (which there will be for 4K/60 :-)
- Support for multiple multicast groups per port. Transmitters setup a separate multicast group for each video and the audio, so a dual-video transmitter can have three multicast groups
- "spanning tree portfast" set on all ports that will host Infinity RXs, TXs, and managers
- "switchport mode access" set on all ports that will host Infinity RXs, TXs, and managers
- Jumbo frames enabled
- The same IGMP version level needs to be running on the switch and the ADDERLink Infinity Manager (AIM). v2 or v3 is supported by the manager.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!